Due to the concern of COVID-19 many of our standard procedures need to be reconsidered to limit contact from person to person. One of those procedures is our Parking Lottery where the 13 unassigned parking spaces are raffled off to 13 La Princesa Owners. In February 2020, the Board decided to increase the lease time to 2 years with an upfront cost of $3,000. Any interested owners must submit their Lottery form (found at the bottom of this page) with the accompanying check by July 15, 2020!
The conditions and process are:
- A biennial lottery drawing will be held at the annual meeting on July 25, 2020 to select those eligible to lease an association parking space.
- The lease amount will be $3,000 per parking space for a 2-year period, to be submitted in advance to the general manager. The general manager must receive your check no later than July 15, 2020 along with the attached, signed form. Please make your check out to: CSCA #10. Non-winners will have their check returned.
- Only one entry will be accepted per owner for the first lottery, regardless of the number of units owned. A first lottery drawing will be from one entry per owner. In the event all 13 parking spaces are not drawn during a first lottery drawing, e.g. there are a total of less than 13 entries, a second lottery drawing would take place to include owners that own more than one unit that desire to participate. Owners of more than one unit seeking to participate in a potential second lottery drawing must provide $3,000 per parking space per item 2 above. The number of entries an owner may submit for a potential second lottery drawing cannot exceed the number of units owned, minus one, since such owners having participated in the first lottery drawing. Winners will be notified immediately. In the event all 13 association parking spaces are not selected via this process at the annual meeting, a third lottery drawing will be scheduled at the first Board of Directors meeting in August open to any owner meeting the cut-off date for submitting a check to the general manager determined by the Board of Directors at the July organizational meeting.
- Parking spaces 157 & 158 will be reserved to accommodate any owner needing a vehicle parking accommodation. Those owners requesting an accommodation should submit their request to the GM no later than July 15th. These owners will provide their deeded parking space to be entered into the parking lottery pool. This is to accommodate owners that own/lease a vehicle with a disabled plate/placard. If no request(s) for accommodation is/are made then this/these space(s) will return to the general drawing pool. (July 2019 Minutes)
- The lease period will be for two years and will be non-renewable. The term of the lease will be November 1, 2020 through October 31, 2022. If it is desired to lease for another year, an owner must enter the lottery again in 2022, with the required lease deposit amount. (February 2020 Minutes)
- Parking spaces leased via the lottery process may be swapped with other La Princesa residents. Parking spaces leased shall not be subleased. Proof of subleasing shall result in immediate revocation of use of the respective association parking space and a refund will not be provided. (July 2019 Minutes)
- If a lottery winner from the prior lease also won for the forthcoming lease, they may retain their same parking space. That request should be made through the GM by August 10th. The remaining spaces will be issued in order of drawing at the Annual Meeting. (July 2019 Minutes)
- Owners that are in arrears in payment of monthly assessments and/or fines in any amount as of June 30, 2020, or any owner in violation of garage parking space rules or deemed a nuisance (as a result of a Hearing), or having common area privileges suspended as of June 30, 2020, shall not have the privilege of participating in the association parking space process. An Owner must be in compliance as to garage restrictions at the time of the application for a lottery parking space, having come into compliance in no more than 14 days. (December 2018 Minutes)
- Click For Parking Lottery Form
On Behalf of the Board of Directors